We are thrilled to offer curbside pick-up of library materials at the Chittenden Public Library. Once you have received confirmation of your requested materials AND a pick-up time that works for you, please make sure to read the following safety procedures:
Important Safety Protocols for Curbside Pick-Up at the Chittenden Public Library:
- Please arrive at the library within your pick-up time slot.
- Materials for pick-up will be placed in the foyer as you enter the library door. Orders will be bagged and labeled with patrons’ first names and last initials. There is no entrance to the main building nor is use of the bathroom permitted.
- Please adhere to physical distancing guidelines and keep at least 6 feet apart from others. Only one person at a time is allowed in the foyer. As with your other errands in public, make sure to wear your mask during pick-up.
- If you have questions about your order or the pick-up experience, please email us at email@example.com and we will help as best we can. Please note that there will not be a librarian available at the time of pick-up.
- If you cannot pick up your order, please let us know. You will be given a new time slot for the following Monday.
- Remember: we are not accepting returns at this time. Please do not drop off previously checked-out materials in our foyer or book drop. There are no late fee fines. We’ll keep you posted as soon as we are ready to safely accept returns. For this reason, we have our limit on books per patron per week.
- The Library is adhering to best practices for safely handling materials and curbside practices put forth by the Vermont Department of Libraries, The Agency of Commerce and Community Development, The Institute of Museum and Library Services and The State of Vermont Executive Department. Please let us know if you’d like more information.
Stay well, take care & happy reading!
Erin Bodin, Library Director
Theresa Czachor, Librarian Assistant
The Chittenden Public Library Board of Trustees