We are thrilled to offer curbside pick-up of library materials at the Chittenden Public Library. Before coming to the library to pick up your bag, please make sure to read the following safety procedures.
Important Safety Protocols for Curbside Pick-Up at the Chittenden Public Library:
- Materials for pick-up will be placed in the foyer as you enter the library door. Orders will be bagged and labeled with patrons’ first names and last initials.
- Please adhere to physical distancing guidelines and keep at least 6 feet apart from others. Only one person at a time is allowed in the foyer. As with your other errands in public, make sure to wear your mask during pick-up.
- If you have questions about your order or the pick-up experience, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help as best we can. Please note that there may not be a librarian available at the time of pick-up.
- If you cannot pick up your order, please let us know.
- We are now accepting book returns. Thank you for returning your books to our book drop outside the library door. ****If you have a large amount of books to return, especially if these are children’s picture books, please return your books to our foyer on Monday-Thursday between 4-6 p.m. (Our little drop tends to get jammed with too many big books). Thank you!
- The Library is adhering to best practices for safely handling materials and curbside practices put forth by the Vermont Department of Libraries, The Agency of Commerce and Community Development, The Institute of Museum and Library Services and The State of Vermont Executive Department. Please let us know if you’d like more information.
Stay well, take care & happy reading!
Erin Bodin, Library Director
Theresa Czachor, Librarian Assistant
The Chittenden Public Library Board of Trustees