Chittenden Public Library Services:
OPEN FOR IN-PERSON LIBRARY VISITS BY APPOINTMENT and CURBSIDE PICK-UP
**Beginning in August**
VISITING THE LIBRARY: We are thrilled to offer appointment-based visits for our patrons who miss coming into the library. Please note that your time in the library will look different from past visits and we hope you’ll understand that because of the size of our library, our relationship to our local school, and this ever-changing pandemic, we may need to close the library with very short notice. But, for now, we are happy to invite you to make an appointment for a visit on Tuesdays from 4pm-6pm.
Get started and find out more about booking your library appointment here.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP: Curbside Pick-Up is still the preferred method to borrow library materials. We are HAPPY to talk with you about what books you like and select a bag of materials for you to grab and go. Please note that as of August 1st, our curbside pick up day has changed to Wednesdays between 4pm-6pm.
Find out more about ordering your books for curbside pick-up here.
BORROW BOOKS and MORE from the LIBRARY: You can find out more about our online resources you can access from home, including ebooks and audiobooks here. Here’s a selection of what you can borrow from the Chittenden Public Library:
Here’s What We Have for YOU:
- Wide selection of BOOKS: Adult Fiction, Adult Nonfiction, Vermont Books, Young Adult, Children’s Picture Books & Chapter Books, Children’s Nonfiction
- MAGAZINES: Eating Well, Consumer Reports, The New Yorker, Smithsonian, Fine HomeBuilding, Country Living, Mother Earth News and more!
- FREE PASSES: to Vermont State Parks and Vermont Historic Sites
- LAPTOP and KINDLES: Borrow these devices for 3 days. Supplies are limited but we are happy for our patrons to use these as needed.
- INTERLIBRARY LOANS: Don’t see a book that you want in our collection? Just ask and we’ll find it for you from another Vermont library.
- SPECIAL RESOURCES: Keep up to date on library happenings via Facebook and our website or just ask us! We often have something special for you. These include our summer reading craft kits, free books, free seeds, snowshoes and more!
Sign Up the Kids for our Summer Reading Program, IMAGINE YOUR STORY. Pick up a packet of fun to do from home, set your own pace, & join the fun!
For information on COVID-19 and to find local resources for support and well-being, head to our COMMUNITY RESOURCE page.
To best stay connected, please SUBSCRIBE to our electronic Newsletters.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT CPL:
Please support the library by making a tax deductible donation to the Friends of the Chittenden Public Library today!
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, choose “Friends of the Chittenden Public Library” as your charity and Amazon will donate 0.5% of qualified purchases.