Patron Library Visits during COVID-19: Safety Protocols at the Chittenden Public Library
Dear Patrons, We are glad to have a way to safely invite you back into the Chittenden Public Library. Before visiting the library, please make sure to read the following safety procedures before you visit us:
- If you are sick, show any signs of illness, have not completed your quarantine due to travel, or have had contact with someone with COVID-19, please do not enter the building.
- Library visits are limited to 15 minutes. Please keep track of your 15 minute visit with us. We will give a friendly reminder when you are getting close to the end of your appointment.
- Masks are required to visit the library. Please make sure that you have a face covering that protects your nose and mouth.
- Before entering the main library building, use the hand sanitizer in the foyer.
- Only 4 patrons are allowed in the library at a time. Exceptions may be made for those of the same household, if possible. Please adhere to physical distancing guidelines and keep at least 6 feet apart from others that are not part of your household. If you do have to wait near another patron at check-out or as you browse, please maintain this safe distance.
- Thank you for returning your library books. Please place these in the book drop outside of the library rather than bringing them into the building during your appointment. **If you have a large amount of books to return, especially if these are children’s picture books, please return your books to our foyer on Monday-Thursday between 4-6 p.m.
- If you have questions about these protocols or your upcoming visit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 802-773-3531. Remember, curbside is still the preferred method and we are very happy to talk with you about what books you might like and work to put a bag together for you to grab and go.
- The Library is adhering to best practices for safely handling materials and reopening of libraries put forth by the Vermont Department of Libraries, The Agency of Commerce and Community Development, The Institute of Museum and Library Services and The State of Vermont Executive Department. Please let us know if you’d like more information.
Stay well, take care & happy reading!
Erin Bodin, Library Director
Theresa Czachor, Librarian Assistant
The CPL Board of Trustees